Work has been kicking my butt lately so I haven’t been posting as frequent as I’d like to-but I did promise a recipe from Chef Philip Gelb. So without further ado, Potato Latkes! (and applesauce condiment).
- unpeeled Potatoes
- yama-imo (can be found at Asian grocery stores especially Japanese markets)
- Grate potatoes. Drain well.
- Grate onion, do not drain.
- Mix onion and potato. Add salt and pepper and a little flour. Add some grated yama-imo. Mix well.
- Fry in oil till crisp, only turning once.
- Peel and core and chop apples.
- Place in a saucepan with a small amount of: maple, lemon, cinnamon and a dash of salt. Cook till soft. Puree if desired.
(I apologize that I don’t have the sizes. The instruction didn’t come with it, but please feel free to estimate.)
The result: tasty, delicious, unprocessed vegan goodness!!!