Raw Vegan Tacos
The food processor became my new best friend this past week. It was my main “stove” during my 7-day raw vegan challenge. To tell you the truth the 7 days flew by and I felt like I barely scratched the surface of the delicious world of raw vegan (non) cooking.
So far, I’ve discovered there’s a raw option for cuisines like Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, even Mexican. One of the recipes I’ve learned is how to make raw vegan tacos.
- 1 bunch of collard greens, washed thoroughly
- 1/4 cup almonds (I used a combo of almonds and peanuts)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- raw olives (I left out this one)
- In a food processor or blender, process the nuts until finely grounded
- Mix in the oil, garlic, spices, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until incorporated well.
- Transfer to a bowl
- Place a collard green leaf on a plate and add your ingredients in the middle: nuts, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro
Feel free to top it with other ingredients and vegetables.
You may also wrap them completely for raw vegan Taquitos:
Here are other raw vegan goodness I’ve been eating from the past few days:
Sushi filled with cashew cream and raw vegetables, wrapped in romaine lettuce
Alive & Radiant
‘s Cheesy Kale Chips (not the actual quantity, I was eating them when I remembered to take a photo)
My next post will be concluding my 7-day adventure as a raw foodie. I had great fun learning the even more guilt-free lifestyle. Rest assured I’ll continue to learn more raw recipes and have fun along the way.