Vegan Chicken Scallopine – Recipe
This version is full of savory flavor and texture-that’s the secret folks!
1 pack of Gardein Chicken (available at most stores, I got mine at Safeway)
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
2 ounces of sliced mushrooms
3-4 tbsp Canola oil
2 tbsp Nucoa or Earth Balance butter
1 tbsp White Wine
1 tsp Harvest Vegetarian Broth (I suggest the “Harvest” brand, or one cube of Knorr Vegetable Builllon)
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Coat the Gardein Chicken with flour
2. Heat medium skillet over medium heat, add Canola oil
3. Fry the Gardein, make sure each side is nice and crunchy (approx 5 min each side)
4. Remove the Gardein and the rest of oil from skillet
5. Using the same skillet, melt the Nucoa or Earth Balance over medium heat
6. Add the vegetable broth, mix until melted with butter
7. Turn off heat, then add the white wine
8. Mix well, then add the lemon juice
9. Adjust seasoning to taste (You may add more vegetable broth, or butter, or lemon. Customize to your palate)
10. Turn the heat back on and put the Gardein back to the skillet, letting each side of the Gardein absorb the sauce.
11. After about 5 minutes, set aside the gardein and cook the mushroom with the remaining sauce
12. Sautee until mushrooms are tender, remove from skillet and serve on top of the Gardein.
One thing I should have done is garnish with some greens like a celery or parsley leaf on top or something. I’ll definitely do that next time-which THERE WILL BE next time because I love this dish!
Veganizing Scallopine is relatively easier to cook than the meat version. Just fry the Gardein and cook the sauce-and you already have a wonderful taste of (vegan) Italy-wherever you are. Bon Appetit!