Taking a break from Filipino food, let’s go to France and make French Leek Soup. This soup is savory, creamy, and just makes you feel good all over especially when the weather gets cold. Not to mention, it’s very quick and easy to make.
Here are the ingredients:
To make a pot good for 4-6 people:
1 large brown onion, chopped
1 bunch of leek (take the 2/3 top leaves off, cut lengthwise to thoroughly wash it, then thinly slice to portions)
8 ounces crimini mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
1 stick celery, thinly sliced
1 stick of carrot, sliced (cut however you wish)
2 large potatoes, cubed
2-3 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
RG’S TWIST: To veganize it, add this to the list: 1/4 cup of Nucoa butter, 1 cup of Vegetarian broth, and 1 cup of Soy or Almond Milk
1. Melt the Nucoa butter in large pot, sauté the onions and leek until they’re tender.
2. Add the mushroom, celery and carrots. Sauté for 5 minutes.
3. In a separate pot, boil the potatoes until they are soft. (To be time efficient, boil the potatoes simultaneously as you sauté the vegetables). Mash the potatoes either before or after adding to the pot of vegetables.
4. Add 2-3 cups of water.You may use the one from boiling the potatoes.
6. Add soy/almond milk, and vegetable broth.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Cover to boil.
9. You’re done!
The soup is quite creamy, just makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over, a great way to put a smile on someone’s face.
If you have any questions about the recipe, email email@example.com